Friday, April 10, 2009

Um...Happy Birthday...Just 3 Months LATE


Nana and the Secrets...
This was taken a few years ago but this is of my brother and his cute wife and my Mom
In Snowbird a few years ago...on the top of the tram
Mom and all her glory
In Telluride riding the tram.

So I was sitting here thinking that I never posted a birthday post for my Mom...yes, I am the worst daughter ever, yes I am insensitive, and yes I am shallow, jerky and all those things that come to mind of a daughter that doesn't post a birthday post for her Mom. So to make good, just 3 months later, I am posting a birthday post just for my Mom.

My Mom really is an amazing lady. She never complains when asked to perform a task and she never complains after the task has been performed. She always is willing to help and she helps with a smile on her face and a warm embrace in her heart. She is always telling us to pray, much to my chagrin sometimes, but she speaks the truth...she is always leading this family on her knees.

She is an amazing Nana J to her grandchildren and she never passes up a chance to play with her kids that she wished she had first. Just last week when she was here visiting, Spencer asked her to skip with him and without a minutes hesitation, she started to skip...that is my Mom. We have had the opportunity to travel with her a few times...we have gone to California, Colorado and Moab and we have always had such great fun with her. She is such a trooper, again never complains and just likes to go, go, go, go...now you know where I get it from. I know she misses my Dad...plain and simple but I know he is always with us. I love you Mom, even though this is 3 months late.

No comments: