Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The 1st Grade Trip of Fields...From Slides to Roosters

Elijah and I after eating our lunch
Elijah petting a baby chicken...okay not so much a baby but a tween chicken.
The cranky tour guide and Elijah riding the wooden horse.
Elijah showing how much he LOVED the guide!
They were hanging in a covered wagon.

Okay so I have been really slack on my blogging, but in my defense, I...and then we....and I couldn't....and so....yup that sums up the last few days. However, one thing that I did manage to catch on film was Elijah's first grade field trip. The entire first grade class from Bancroft Elementary had the opportunity to go to the Griffin Family Farms. It is a working farm where kids can come check it out and see what goes into running a farm. Elijah had a lot of fun seeing the roosters, roostering (is that what they do?) the cows, cowing (you know, in their spare time) and all the other animals animaling on the farm.

I think the funniest thing about the farm was Debbie (who's daughter is also in first grade) and I got lost...thanks Debbie, the adventure was fun and even talking to the Mexican, while stopped at the light, to ask for directions, who couldn't speak English was even great! And then second, our tour guide (ya, I tour guide for a farm..."these are ducks, you city kids have never seen a duck before"...seriously) was from Brooklyn and about the crankiest person...EVER!!! Why, WHY, would you be a tour guide at a farm for kids when you hate kids and you hate farms? Hmmm... Anyway at least the pictures are cute!

2 comments:

wende said...

i'm loving that self portait - that's a framer.

when (my) spencer was in first grade we did a similar field trip at wheeler farm. i felt the SAME way about our tour guide. he obviously HATED being there and we didn't really need him anyway, so what the heck? we can't walk around a farm w/o a guide? so funny. must be a farm tour guide thing.

Bonnie said...

I love your take on everything, Ann. You always make me laugh. I'm glad you had fun at the farm despite the mishaps and that tour guide. What is with all these people that just hate everyone?!