Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Birthday Poem

I know Jim's birthday was a couple or weeks ago but he received this text from his clever, clever niece (the one we call Alli, Alli-Woo, or Alli-the-sponge-bob-aficionado) And then Jim responded with his little clever, clever ways...

**I was a little put off by his answer, I am the clever one in the marriage...he is the smart one, the funny one and everything else one and now he has stolen the clever one...dang (I did write d@mn but thought that might be to harsh) you Jim

Alli's text to Jim on his birthday:
Jim you don't need a trim,
kids are pullin every limb.
you're lookin so slim,
I hope today you win!
happy birthday! :)

Jim's response to Alli:
A trim I don't need is what you say,
put that trim off for another day,
or for good since I am bald anyway.
my limbs my limbs put I hope they stay,
for 36 of course is old and gray,
with all that pulling they may all fall off one day.
oh to be slim I wish it were so
will someone pass me that last hoho,
by receiving your clever text won is this day,
and so thank you very much is what I have to say!

3 comments:

Lori said...

very cute. Thanks for hosting my kiddos...sorry they are such picky eaters, I truly have no clue where they get it from considering the fact that I have yet to meet a food I don't like???
Love you all!

Alli Wenz! said...

Ann, I love your new hair cut! And Jim, I think we make musical magic.. Just think of the raps we could make up.

Lisa Mcclun said...

My clever and smart son noticed that this piece of poetry/aka text response is close to a Shakespearian sonnet - so, yes, Ann, you are married to a smart, clever, etc, etc, and Bard repeating man!!!