Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl... Mom, Nana, and Jolene

Jolene and Dick...the Gulf Coast of Florida 2006
In April of 06 Dick and Jolene came with us to Florida...I think Jolene was freaking out that she was going to have to sit for 5 hours on a plane next to Spencer...but she did great, I never had to put her on time out or anything.
Christmas of 2004...I love this sign that we gave to Jolene, she always was scattering kindness
I love this picture...the two most important women in Jim's life...his Grandma Gene and his Mom at his graduation from the University of Utah
Jolene and Elijah when he was just two months old...January 2001.

I thought this title was most befitting of the women we called Mom, Nana and Jolene. She wore many hats, wore many titles but I think the one she loved most was Birthday Girl. Jolene loved her birthdays and being the center of attention just for one day. She loved receiving gifts, even though it would take me about 2 weeks in advance to figure out what we would get her...even though we would always fall back to the old stand by, a Nordstrom Gift Card. I think 9 out of 10 times she used it to pay off her card but still, it is the thought that counts and she always looked cute!

I will never forget planning her surprise 60th birthday party....it was a pain in the butt! Trying to plan it without her knowing something was going on and trying to get everything just right for the woman we loved so much. We did a really good job until her sister showed up from Las Vegas; she knew something was going on. However it ended up being such a fun night and just such a tribute to the lady that we all love.

No matter the hat, no matter the title, no matter the age, we will always love Jolene. We miss her tremendously...and to be honest, we always will.

2 comments:

Lexi Wenzbauer said...

I miss Nana so much! I just know she loves us so much and is still watching over us and is still a part of our life's! She was the greatest grandma I could EVER have in the world! Yesterday for her birthday we let of balloons with notes on them surrounding her grave! uh I miss her so much! I love you Nana!

cnfisher01 said...

We certainly thought of her yesterday. When I read this, it made me think she would really like to see the brand new Nordstrom at Fashion Place. When Bret and I go in, we will sit, have a diet coke and toast Jolene.