Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Coco Keys...Day Two of Spring Break 09

This week the kids have Spring Break...or otherwise known as Spring-what-the-crap-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-kids-for-the-next-five-days-and-make-sure-they-don't-fight-or-kill-each-other-or-I-don't-kill-them-first-break...wholly crap that is a really long explanation but every parent that reads this will know it to be true.

Anyway getting on with my point...yesterday the kids just played with friends then we all, yes Jim included, can you believe it, went to see Monsters vs. Aliens. It was funny...ya, not much else can be said about it. But today was really fun...I finally took the kids to the Omaha Hot Spot, Coco Keys. It is a huge water park that is inside the Holiday Inn in downtown Omaha. We arrived bright and early (okay 10 o'clock but you know that is bright and early for me) and stayed until 4:30. We had a great time racing each other down the water slides, lazily chillin' in the lazy river, laughing our guts out as we tried the Lily pads, trying our jump shots at water basketball and of course hanging outside in the hot tub...phew and that is only half of what we did.

I don't have any pictures as I was very worried about taking the camera to the water park, I didn't want it to get stolen, so you must use your imagination. Just picture me in a hot bathing suit looking like a super model with three gorgeous and well behaved kids...okay who am I kidding, I was in my Wal-Mart special black bathing suit that cost $12 that I hate and three kids that I couldn't keep track of all day! Regardless we can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

jaybs said...

Ann,

Do you not simply call it Easter Half Term Break?