Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pokemon...It's What Brings Families Closer

The boys proudly showing off their prize possessions
In deep thought and concentration
Ya, I don't get it either but whatever?

A couple of nights ago I was in our bedroom working on the computer, answering emails regarding relief society (shocker) and Jim was at his computer working on homework (an even BIGGER shocker) when I started to wonder where the boys were. I ran downstairs to see if they had fallen asleep in front of the TV (yes, the TV, our unpaid Nanny) but they weren't there. I couldn't hear them fighting or running up and down the hall yelling "No I'm Luke, your Vader" so I was rather puzzled.

It wasn't until I stopped and really listened that I could hear them talking...like normal little human beings. I followed this "talking" and found them sitting on Noah's bed chatting about Pokemon....who knew that Pokemon would bring my wild, crazy, and sometimes a little grouchy boys together. I stood in the doorway looking at them for at least 5 minutes. They didn't even look up nor acknowledge that I was standing there. So I did what any good mom would do...I ran to get my camera. Enjoy! Oh and if you are looking for something to bring your children closer together...buy Pokemon...who knew?

No comments: