Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Facts about Me...Miss Ann Marie Potter

So the other night I woke up from a totally-out-of-it-dreaming-of-the-sun-sleep to the nagging feeling I needed to do something. I tossed and turned for 2 hours thinking "No all the lights are shut off...and do I have clean underwear for tomorrow" you know the basic stuff. But the nagging feeling just wouldn't subside and therefore decided to get out of bed and check the house for the lights, check, check the drawers for underwear check, and yet it still remained, the nagging feeling! Finally it dawned on me I had not completed my FaceBook 25 Random Facts about me. So I promptly sat down at my new (but old to Jim) laptop and wrote out my 25 random facts. Well, you know me miss. techy-techy, I did it wrong and I don't think anybody read it, so I am going to post it on our blog...because nobody will read it here.

1. I am a realist. I absolutely hate the half-full, half-empty question because I have always thought it depends on whether or not you are filling it up, half-full or drinking it half-empty…why doesn’t anybody else think this way?
2. I have always wondered what my family would have been like if my oldest brother Alan hadn’t had died.
3. Since the time I was 12 I wanted a Burberry scarf and 4 years ago Jim bought me one for Christmas as a surprise.
4. I have a total and absolute fetish for skirts. I finally figured this out when I was buying a skirt for the summer when it was 15 degrees outside. (just last week)
5. My high school councilor told me, in not so many words, I wasn’t smart enough to go to college so when I graduated with a 4 year degree with honors I wanted to send him a copy of my degree with the words FU on it
6. The last New Year’s resolution I made (1996) was to wear miss-matched socks for the entire year…it lasted a day.
7. I can never remember my oldest and dearest friend’s, Tammi Ringger, birthday…October 16th or November 13th…the 16th? GRRR
8. I was told by Lou Diamond Phillips (look him up on IMDB) that I was funny.
9. I want to own my own gourmet kitchen shop and call it JANES Concoctions. It will be modeled after the gourmet kitchen shop I worked at for 4 years during high school while being a barrista.
10. I am currently training for a half marathon; which makes me laugh because when I first started to run I could run for 2 minutes straight now I am up to 67 minutes straight.
11. I have a very clear and distinct memory of sitting in elementary school, listening to Chris Miller talk about his family in Nebraska and thinking to myself “Nebraska, now that is one place I never want to live.”
12. It drives me crazy when people ask me if I wished I had had a girl…NO!!! I love my boys and I am glad that I have 3 boys…I am totally a 3 boy mom.
13. I hate to drive slow…it drives me crazy! And that is why one day I will drive a Porsche Panamera (the new 4-door).
14. At one time in my life I wanted to be a professional pickle taster.
15. I want a home in Whitefish MT so my family and I can go skiing during the winter and boating during the summer.
16.My goal for my family is to visit each state (18 so far) and to visit every continent (1 so far).
17.I love to say hell and damn.
18.I have always been a die hard Republican but in the last few years have decided that I am A-political. Look at the man not the party!
19.I never want to move to back to Utah …
20. Literally the minute I layed eyes on Jim, I knew I was going to marry him.
21. One of my most favorite things in this world is cotton candy ice-cream from Cold Stone or Maggie Moos with gummy bears.
22. I have started a children’s story and a book…yet to be completed however I have decided that my ‘pen name’ will be AJ Jones.
23. One of my most favorite things to look at is all three boys in white shirts, sleeping with Jim in his white shirt laying in our bed with our white sheets…I love it!
24. I had a turtle name Maynerd that committed suicide…long story!
25. After many hours of deep and concentrated thought I have come to the realization that I am completely and utterly shallow...and I am okay with it.

3 comments:

wende said...

this was a great list! i need to be a better commenter on your blog, i read it all the time! i love your take on the half full/half empty theory - you are a realist!

i too have a fetish for skirts, and love scarves but i have never met lou diamond philips - you need to tell that story sister.

Lisa Mcclun said...

I was eating soup and reading this and of course, I laughed out loud and soup came out of my nose and got all over the computer! I do love you!! And you are certainly my sister - even if mom and dad did adopt you from the gypsy family that temporarily lived in the field between our house and the elementary school. If this is news to you - sorry, I just couldn't keep it in any longer.

May you, too, read something that makes you laugh out loud, while eating soup!!

Bonnie said...

So funny!!! Yeah, I had no idea you were into gourmet foodie items! That's all I knew growing up, my family is a bunch of foodies. As always, you makes me laugh to read these!