Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In-Cho-LADA Momma...

My friend Tina has this great and amazing enchilada sauce that was actually the recipe from a Mexican Restaurant in Bountiful UT. I was telling my other friend Tami (I know two friends...so moving up the friend ladder fast)about this sauce and she wanted me to post it so here you go Tami:

1/2 cube butter (umm, if you think it is fat free IT IS)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 small can tomato paste
1 tablespoon beef base OR 2 beef bouillon cubes
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1/2 tablespoon paprika

DIRECTIONS:
Put everything in a sauce pan on Medium heat and mix until everything is blended.

MIX in a separate bowl: 1 cup COLD water(make sure it is cold, if the water is hot the flour will clump) and 1/2 cup flour.
Add the water/flour mix with the sauce and stir until sauce thickens.

1. I usually make chicken enchiladas (I throw a couple of chicken breast with some chicken broth in the crock pot and then shred the breast when cooked)
2. I will spread a spoon full of the enchilada sauce on the tortilla (you can use corn or flour...if you use flour get the uncooked tortillas from Costco)
3. Spread some of the shredded chicken and then some cheese on the tortilla.
4. Roll the enchilada, after filling a 9x13 pan, pour more sauce over the enchiladas throw some cheese on them
5. Cook on 350 for 15 minutes

2 comments:

wende said...

you mean, all this time, UTAH has been the source of my weight issue? what the heck? how come i never figured this out before?! that's it i'm packing my bags!

glad you've had a fun trip. next time call me for lunch!

OPORG said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/aplikasi-android-penghasil-uang-terbaik