Saturday, June 6, 2009

Congratulations Graduate

Alex during the 2 and 1/2 hour ceremony...yes 2 and a half hours!

This past weekend, Jim, the boys, and I made yet another, yes, ANOTHER, summer trip. We have driven in the red-grocery-go-getter about 2,000 miles and have driven through 6 states...yes 2,000 miles in the van...did you get it, do you need that stat one more time...2000 MILES in 3 weeks. What...what is that you say? Am I sick, want-to-throw-up, just thinking about getting in the grocery-go-getter one more time...yes, yes I am.

Besides us being sick of driving, our DVD player has decided it is sick of showing movies to ant-in-the-pants boys! How dare you DVD player...okay enough about the traveling freak show known as the potters one wheels...back to my purpose.

We went to Telluride, Colorado to support my niece, Alexandra aka Alex, graduating from Telluride High School. She is an amazing person whom one day, without a doubt in my mind, will be a published author. I am still marveling at the fact that she went to Taiwan all by herself when she was a mere 17 years old and embraced everything that it Taiwan had to offer. I am still marveling at the fact that she had to put up with some horrible situations and yet never faltered and never stumbled on what she believed. Alex is amazing and I congratulate you to the fullest (okay my fullest is a shpeel on my blog). I have complied a list of things I hope for you while in college at Santa Fe, NM
1. I hope you date...alot...lots and LOTs of dating (remember my key rule for dating: a free meal is a good thing even when the boy is NOT a good thing)
2. I hope your roommate doesn't stink...if she does, move in with a boy, they are SO much easier to live with, just don't tell your mom I told you to do it.
3. I hope your professors are amazing...ya that sums that up.
and hmmm what else...oh ya...
4. Have a jolly good time because the real world sucks.

No comments: