Thursday, May 14, 2009

New York Revisted

The Potters in The Sacred Grove...it was simply amazing.
A replica of the home Joseph Smith lived in when he had the First Vision... and I complain how small my home is!
Jim and Noah on his baptism day at the Susquehanna River, in Harmony, PA (just before Noah's confirmation).
The Potter brood...
I love this picture...Noah being baptized in the Susquehanna River (just before Jim performed the baptism)
Papa, Noah and Nana in Harmony, PA, 2008. This is the memorial for the Restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood.

We have been reading the Doctrine and Covenants to the boys every night and last night we read the section that tells of Joseph Smith's martyrdom. When I looked up at Noah he was crying. It was such a tender moment that it made me get chocked up. It hit me that he has walked where Joseph walked and he has felt the sacred feelings of the Sacred Grove. I know that Noah has a testimony of Joseph Smith, that he was a real boy who earnestly prayed to Heavenly Father and that he did see Him and His Son. Noah knows that it isn't just a great story but in fact it is true because he has been there and the Holy Ghost has told him it is true.

1 comment:

summer said...

ann! did you know that I was baptized at that same spot as Noah?! I had no idea that is where he was baptized! That was such a huge event in my life - not just that it was my baptism, but also due to where it took place. HOW AMAZING for Noah and your family that trip was!!

We still need to talk call me or I'll try your cell phone again, or maybe email me your home phone...please!!!