Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Some Pic's...because I feel like it, OK!

The Boys playing in the sunset in Cape Cod...the low tide on the Atlantic is amazing and we had so much fun playing in the shallow water...but I don't think the crab that we kept playing with was having that much fun with us.
Sitting on the steps of The Old Dutch Church in Sleepy Hollow, NY...we had this creepy old guy walk up to us in the cemetery (the cemetery that inspired "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow") and start talking to us about different graves and stuff...however I kept expecting him to rip off his head and start an evil ghost laugh...like I said, he was so CREEPY!!
Rockefeller Plaza baby...it was about 90 degrees about 100 % humidity at 11:00 AT NIGHT...we had just finished dinner...I know our 'cones and rods' were all screwed up, no wonder nobody ever sleeps in this city!
The boys sitting on a duplicate of Lady Liberty's feet. Seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time with my own eyes was awesome and I couldn't help but wonder how the newly immigrants to the United States felt...such a wonderful sign of hope!
On the fairy out to Liberty Island and then off to Ellis Island, which I loved. The history and the stories there are humbling and it made me realize how blessed we are to live in such an amazing country...I hope it always stays that way.
I just wanted to share some pictures from our trip to New York and Boston with you. I guess I have been thinking a lot about how much I loved this trip and can't wait to go back to two of the most amazing cities in the world. I think the funniest thing that happened to us while on this trip is that whereever we went, we would make a spectacle of ourselves because we had three boys... and you know that is crazy when people walking in the streets and sitting on the subway in NYC stop you and say "oh my! three boys...what a hand full!" They have no idea!




No comments: