Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Typical Conversation About a Typical Topic

The other day I took the boys to Mahoney State Park, when we got home we were all starving and this was the conversation that I had with Spencer...it was rather humorous:

Spencer (yelling at me from bottom of steps): Mom, MOM, I'm hungry, are you going to fix dinner?
Mom (yelling at the top of the steps being a smart A): Well, I thought you were going to fix dinner tonight?
Spencer (yelling, with a little bit of attitude): But it IS nightime!
Mom (chuckling and yelling at the same time): Well, I thought YOU were going to fix dinner!
Spencer (putting his little hands on his hips and getting a little agitated): ME?
Mom (laughing and hamming up just a little bit): YEA!
Spencer (yelling and getting even more agitated): I'm not cooking dinner!
Mom (wondering how long I can drag this out): Why not?
Spencer (not missing a beat): Cuz, I'm not the MOM!

We ended up eating corn bread and taco soup...prepared NOT by Spencer.

1 comment:

Tammi said...

Hey, long time no talkie talkie! Was catching up on your blog. Loved it! Birkin post was my fav!