Friday, August 7, 2009

A Vivid Memory of 12 Years Past...

12 years and counting...
My new red Kitchen Aid...isn't it so nice, I love it!
Jim thought it was most appropriate to get my the Anniversary Edition of Kitchen Aid for our 12 year anniversary...come on, how romantic is that!

I have a vivid memory that flutters into my mind quite frequently. It is of me praying that I would someday find a best friend; I was 9 at the time. As I grew older, that one simple prayer grew in detail. Yes I wanted a best friend but I wanted somebody to share my secrets with, share personal jokes with, shop with, blah, blah, blah...everything a best friend was supposed to be. I must admit this prayer was answered with a few people who have entered my life that definitely met all the criteria but yet, something still was off. I continued to pray and too hope that one day I would find this person and I did...after eleven years of waiting, I found my best friend. I laugh with them, I cry...a lot, with them, we share secrets, we have our personal jokes...I even SHOP with my best friend but the blah, blah, blah is now defined. I share 3 amazing and handsome sons with my best friend, we go on trips together, we eat dinner together, we do everything together...we even have had the opportunity to be married for the last twelve years together. Jim is the best friend that I always prayed for, I am just so blessed that he not only carries the title of best friend but he carries the title of husband and father. Thanks Jim, for twelve wonderful years, I love you and I can't wait for the next twelve. Let's just hope they entail a big house, wonderful trips and a really great Porsche...and oh ya, a huge, ginormous yellow diamond (remember square cut, 3 carrots?)

2 comments:

Bobi Jensen said...

I have a red one, too!

Such a touching post...

Lisa Mcclun said...

I believe it is karat, but if you want to wear veggies on your finger - go for it