Monday, August 3, 2009

From California to Colorado to Chicago...We Have A Thing For C's

Eating Deep Dish Pizza at Edwardo's or something like...all I remember is that I could hear myself getting fatter while eating that pizza ... the pizza was like 5 inches thick

Standing in front of King Tut...ya, I think we were good enough for the king!
Standing at Carthage Jail, which was a very amazing experience to see where the Prophet was martyred.
Yes, more descendants of Brigham Young...
The kids hanging in some sort of cellar...in Nauvoo

Case in point...we went back to College to Creighton. We live in the Cracks of the City, known as the ghetto...and we have Crazy boys that love Chocolate and have had a major case of the Chiggers, do you believe me now?! And, AND, our summer plans have all centered around places that start with "C" California, Colorado and now Chicago. (I would list Utah as we did spend 2 months there however it doesn't start with C but again, however, we had crazy fun there so I can at least use that).

Chicago was a lot of fun however we started with Nauvoo and gained a greater appreciation of what the Pioneers achieved and an even greater appreciation of what they left behind. We then headed to the big city and had lots of fun seeing all the amazing buildings that line the skyline of Chicago. We looked and looked and looked at even more museum's that one would care to count...okay 3! Jim's favorite was the Oriental Institute, mine was The Field Museum because it was in a building that was built for the 1920-ish World Fair, I read about it and was so excited to actually see the building. The boys favorite was when we were leaving all 3 to go swimming! We also walked out into a clear box 1300 feet above Chicago, then I had to go change my underwear. Road on a water taxi, chilled at Navy Pier and the best of all, walked Michigan Ave..aka my heaven...okay, okay more like all the shops that I love that I will never be able to buy...anything...ever! Actually I was geeking out most about Burberry but I didn't go in...I didn't want to start hyperventilate!

We then headed to Amana, Iowa which is this great little village in rural Iowa that if you ever have an opportunity, go!

All in all it has been an amazing, crazy fun, memorable summer...one I hate to end but I figure putting 3,000 miles on the red-grocery-go-getter-a-go-go is enough...well, at least until Christmas.

2 comments:

Tammi said...

Looks like sooooo much fun! Cute post - You guys are just a bunch of tourists! Even Omaha is just an extended vacation. I am so jealous over all you got to see! How fun.

Lori said...

It looks like we missed out by not heading to Chi town with you. Good seeing you for the day in Nauvoo!