Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

My 4th, 2nd and K kids....
Spencer showing off his Kindergarten Muscles...he was 'weight-lifting'
Is this not the face of a pre-teen...how did Noah get so old, how did I get so old!
Elijah showing of his Jedi-2nd grade moves...
Instead of 'down by the bay' I like to say 'down by the hood'

When most people hear this song, they automatically think of Christmas...I however, do NOT. I think of kids waking up early (since they haven't in three months) putting on clothes that their parents spent too much on...really $25 for a T-shirt, and shewing them out the door only to hear something parents haven't heard in 3 months...quiet...the sound of nothing! Okay, okay I am being a little dramatic but I was excited for the kids to start school this year just because that means Jim will start soon, which means we will start our 2 year of law school, which means we will only have one more year left, which means we then can start real life...somewhat...okay back to point.

No, I was excited for the kids to start school after a great summer of traveling and swimming. I must admit that when I dropped off Spencer, at the zoo mind you I mean come on, he is one of 19 kids in the NATION to go to kindergarten at the zoo, I was fighting back the tears. When I got home, I made my bed, cleaned the kitchen, and then looked at Jim and said "Now what"! I miss my boys and I miss their little feet, their little hands, their little faces but I love how they are growing up into little men, with big hearts, amazing minds, and fun personalities. I love you boys...now get to school!

3 comments:

Tammi said...

Ann - Your boys are soooo cute! Wow, I can't believe it - what are you going to do all day long!

jaybs said...

Ann- What great pictures, the Boy's are all so cute, Spencer looks Amazing!! You and James must be so proud of them. You will soon settle into you new day routine!

Carole said...

They are so cute!!! They really are getting big. A couple months ago Addy told me she was going to be in 3rd grade next year and then she would be halfway through elementary. I told her never to say that again. I am not ready for these kids to all be so old.