Tuesday, December 9, 2008

For The Record


First of all, I do know how to spell Elijah's name...see I just spelt it right, however I failed to spell it right on our Christmas Card as some of you may have noticed...okay like the 6...okay scratch that, the 3 people who read this may have noticed. So let me clear the air. I wasn't planning on sending out Christmas Cards this year but then I realized that some of you may not see us for a while and may want to gawk at how much weight I have gained or gawk at the fact that my boys are becoming little men. Whatever the reason, I decided to print them up at the last minute. So I hurried off to Costco, which is not like Utah...there isn't a Costco at every street corner, there is only 1 and it is about 10 miles away. I had exactly an hour to put my order in and get Spencer back home to make his carpool. So in my haste, I spelt Elijah's name wrong...The original card read "Elian" feel free to use that name in the naming of children in the future, just give me the credit. When I saw the finished product, I started to get choked up because I couldn't believe what had happened. The kind gentlemen, and I am pretty sure this would NOT have happened in Utah, told me he would reprint them even though it was my fault, at no extra charge. He printed them out again, in 10 minutes time, and when he handed them to me I couldn't believe that it had happened AGAIN...Elijan...who the heck is Elijan and why is he on my Christmas Card. I couldn't say anything about it as the man was so nice and it was clearly my fault again, so I put on my best 'Oscar worthy face' and said they looked great and walked out. So that is it, the worst mother EVER as I can't even spell my own child's name however Spencer did make it to pre-school on time...he just didn't have the right shoes on nor his backpack.

2 comments:

wende said...

ahhh, motherhood. just know that he will torture you with this story when he is thirty.

Lisa Mcclun said...

Costco 10 miles away...what I would give??!!! At least it is only a Christmas Card - Addie and Thomas' birth certificates still read: Mclun - technically, they are not even my children!!!!