Monday, February 28, 2011

Why The Road Trip Background?

Well for starts, isn't life a road trip? You may plan for your trip but you never know what is going to happen on your trip! You could plan for sun, and it rains. You could plan on camping and end up in a hotel...you seriously never know what you are going to get! This winter I have certainly struggled with my road trip plans. I figured we would road trip to Nebraska for a few years, and then return home to a cush job, a lovely home...a lovely NEW home at that, and well pick up from where we left for our vacation. But hence, like I said before road trips rarely go as planned. Our cush job isn't that at all...it is all dependant on our government. Our lovely new home is well, the basement of my loving father-in-law, and well picking up from where we left is hardly as easy as you think. Friends go on their own vacations, people move on.

But the best part of vacation, is coming home, retelling all your unplanned stories and well looking at the pictures. Sometimes as you look at the pictures you think you can't wait to go back and sometimes you think I never want to go back. As I look back at our Nebraska pictures (okay the last 2 1/2 years of our life) I am not sure what I think. I look at the fact that I am older, fatter, and grayer...I look at the boys and see 3 young men in the making and when I look back and see Jim, I see an amazing man who made a huge sacrifice but showing the boys that it is never to late to start again...hence the reason for our vacation.

Vacations are good but really there is no place like home, wherever that home may be.

No comments: