Monday, February 15, 2010

Memories from Olympics Past OR my Olym-PICS

Ann and Elijah...he was 3 months old!
Jim and Noah...he was 2 (I actually think this was on his birthday or right around his birthday)

I don't think there has ever been a time I HAVEN'T watched the Olympics. From watching them when I was a child to watching them with my children, I just simply love them. Of course I love watching any American Athlete win...you feel the joy of when they win, and feel the pain and sadness of when they loose. I always have wanted to be an Olympian, however not being athletic and having absolutely no athleticism whatsoever has put a kibosh on this dream. However, I am a spectator and without the fanatical spectator, there would be no Olympics. I have been once, the Salt Lake Games in 2002 but I am hoping to go someday, somewhere with my family.

I must say, I really don't have a favorite memory of the Olympics because I love them all but I must say, every time I hear the Olympic Theme Song, tears seriously erupt in my eyes...Enjoy the pics and of course, Enjoy the GAMES...GO USA!!

1 comment:

summer said...

I was just thinking today - why didn't we go to VANCOUVER?! I am like you - the Olympics are amazing, and I could watch then 24/7 during their time on....even when they aren't on, I wish there were.

And, I love all the family pictures. How are all the children so grown up looking - and who are they all?! I know your boys and I remember Lisa's oldest two...which are now the oldest-oldest(!) two...but how did all the others fill in?!!

I love your family - such a great event to celebrate...so glad you could all pull it off for your mom!