Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally...the other half of our Christmas Break

Mom next to her birthday cake...oh so good!
Total shock...I mean TOTAL SHOCK
She kept wondering why there were so many cars in the church parking lot but we couldn't tell her until we got to the room!

I have been patiently...PATIENTLY...waiting for my lovely, yet oh so busy with life sister to download the pictures of the other part of Christmas break. For those of you who don't know, we spent a couple of days in St. Louis surprising my mother, who turned 70 on January 2nd, with all of us kids coming to the great state of Missouri and having us a really good time now...

I had told my mom we would be spending her big day in Atlanta...haha...and my brother told her that he would spending her big day in warm weather...hahaHAHA! It was so fantastic so see her surprised...it was so fantastic to see her so upset that it took 2 hours for my sisters to get soda (they went to the airport to get my brother)....it was fantastic to see her scratching her head trying to figure out why all of the kids were off shopping...without her (buying all the decorations and the food for the party)...and it was equally as fantastic to know that my sister was in the same store at the same time buying last minute party things while I was with my mom shopping trying to get her out of the house so they could get decorate. Wow, I think I just grew some gray hairs just reliving that crazy day. But all in all it was equally fantastic to see my Mom being overtaken with joy to see all her friends and family (that could make it) on such a momentous day.

Love ya Mom...may you always be so trusting that your kids can pull one over you and you suspect nothing...maybe that is why we got away with so much as kids...anyway moving on...love you and thank you!

No comments: