Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And Realism Is All That I Gave Him...


I am a realist, plain and simple. I have often wondered which of my three boys would inherit this oh so great and realistic genetic disorder (Yes, Lisa I know it isn't a real disorder, but sometimes it certainly feels like it) and well my years of wondering have finally ended...Spencer! Yes Spencer is my realist. "How do you know...the kid is only 5" you say with a shake of your head. Well, this may answer your question...

At school Spencer was to answer the age old question "When I am 100 years old I will.." and then the child answers the question that leads to a drawing. Well Spencer didn't say a doctor or a super hero with super strength...no, his answer was (drum roll please) "Be Dead" followed by a colorful drawing of his funeral...Therapy please!

1 comment:

Lisa Mcclun said...

no therapy needed for the brilliant - what kind of teacher would lead kids to believe they will be anything but dead - or close to it in 100 years? What are they teaching out there at zoo kinder?