Saturday, January 23, 2010

This One is For Ashley...

Dear Ashley -
I will never forget the first time I met you. Jim, who was driving his black Honda Civic SI, came to pick me up from work in Salt Lake. I remember running out of the building with a big smile on my face as I ran to greet him however I quickly noticed he wasn't looking at me. His attention was focused on an innocent looking 9 year old, blond, blue-eyed, Ashley who was sitting in the front seat. I quickly observed that you were looking at him in awe and wonder...Uncle Jimmy...the uncle that would play mario kart, hide and seek, and every other crazy game you could think of.

I almost hated to ruin the moment by opening the door but then again I didn't want to stand outside in the cold forever. As I opened the door you looked at me like who is this stranger but you quickly hopped out and got in the back. I remember trying to talk to you and you were so quiet and shy but you instantly won me over by the love you had for Jim.

Through the years, I have watched you become this amazing, smart, funny, talented girl that still puts a smile on my face. I wish you the best of luck as you embark upon this new chapter of life. Ken is a lucky, lucky, lucky man and my hope for you is that you will always be happy together, that you will always love each other and that you can always laugh with each other (frankly I think the last one is the best and certainly the funnest).

Congratulations to the both of you we love you and can't wait to see you!

Love,
Auntie Ann

1 comment:

Steve said...

This is actually Lexi. But you got my momma cryin here!!