Monday, February 23, 2009

Noah And The Ninth

Reflections of the last 9 years...ah, yes, the last 9 years...
"I'm 9 bay-bee"
Noah is still geeking out that he got a Nintendo DS
Well, what do you expect, his father is an Engineer for pete's sake...Noah hold up his Math Shark

Okay, when did my baby boy turn nine? When did I get old enough to have a nine year old baby? These questions are baffling my brain right now...okay, okay I know it doesn't take me much to get baffled but still, how in the world did nine years just pass us by?

Noah was able to celebrate his birthday over two days, the lucky kid. Jim and Noah started out the weekend by going to Wheat Fields, a local eatery and an amazing one at that, for breakfast. Jim had a Belgium Waffle with fresh fruit piled on it while Noah stuck to his regular favorite breakfast of French Toast. Noah was at first a little put out that he wasn't going to IHOP but after he ate, he quickly was grateful for the good eats...how can you not appreciate a kid that appreciates good eats?

After breakfast, Jim took him to get his present which was a big surprise for Noah...he had asked for one but we acted like he wouldn't be able to get such an expensive gift but how can you deny that face? So Jim got him a Nintendo DS...he was stoked and so excited! He picked out the grey and two games: Pokemon and Brain Teaser (don't tell Noah but I keep sneaking his DS to play the Brain Teaser games, they are so fun...maybe I should get one for my birthday).

That night we had a dinner of Shrimp Scampi and birthday PIE. Yes, my kids don't ask for cake, they ask for their mother's world famous (okay Potter famous) pumpkin pie. So we broke out some good fake-sparkly and had a good dinner with pie.

Sunday was his actually birthday but with less fan fair than Saturday. He did get his presents...the remaining one, of a math shark and his favorite breakfast made by mom: pancakes, eggs, and sausage.

We ended the night with a call to his Nana which he loved. Noah is such a great kid and I still marvel that he was sent to us. He is a rather mature boy, with the heart of gold. He is very aware of what is going on around him and feels others pain and joy. I am excited to see him grow up but at the same time I want him to stay my baby forever. I love you Noah as well as the rest of your family who adore you and your two brothers that look up to you. You have a Dad that loves you as much as a father could love a son as well as a Father in Heaven that loves you beyond measure. You have two sets of grandparents, here and in heaven, that see an amazing young man emerging as well as countless of aunts, uncles and cousins.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I think I play my kids DS's more than they do. Check out New Super Mario Bros. It is a favorite at our house. And yes, they got me to unlock the secret levels! Happy Birthday Noah!

Lisa Mcclun said...

Sweetie, I am two months away from having an 18 year old!!! That is not only scary it is breath-suckingly terrifying! I am also a "grandma" babysitter - meaning, that kids I babysat now have children who are old enough to have children!