Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Escapade

Okay so this is after...see below for the before.
Elijah drew the face, I carved the face...we're thinking of going into business together "The Potter Pumpkin Design Team" it's catchy...
Noah presenting his pumpkin...he designed it and cut it!
Spencer is trying to tell you that his pumpkin is a self portrait...right, maybe it's the triangle eyes or the fact that the pumpkin is orange, but I see it...I see the resemblance.
Noah and the guts...hmmm, sounds like we just found a name of his band!
This was the before...why yes, Noah is trying to feed the pumpkin his Icee...why do you ask?

Last year, I was eager to 'dress up' our two concrete steps with cute Halloween decor, so natural we bought 5 pumpkins. Little did I know the wildlife, and I mean literally, would eat away our pumpkins so that come Halloween night, the pumpkins we so carefully picked out of the patch would be gone! So this year I was smart...I waited until Halloween day at 1:00 in the afternoon to go buy our pumpkins, I would out smart those critters this year! Little did I know that this fall would be known as 'the great pumpkin shortage of 2009'. To make a long story short, 3 stores, 3 really, REALLY, upset little boys, and 1 hour later, we would come home with only 3 pumpkins...at least the wildlife wouldn't be eating my pumpkins this year!

BTW: after all the trick-or-treaters came and went, so did the wildlife, and lets just say while my kids were inside gorging themselves on candy, the wildlife was outside gorging themselves on my pumpkins!

No comments: