Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just...For...The...RECORD

Okay so if you start to notice some crazy songs on our blog play list, ie any song by Toy Dolls, this is all Jim...well a throw back to his skater punk days. I told him I wish I had some pictures to go with these songs but atleast I can give you a visual. Jim, 1987, ripped up jeans, (before they were ever popular and you had to spend $150 for them to be ripped) Mohawk...yes, I said blond, curly, MOHAWK, think Mr. T, just not as cool...don't tell him I told you that. Of course he had to have the quintessential skater shoe, Airwalks, and of course the multi-colored flannel shirt over a t-shirt that expressed his musical interests at the time...again, ie Toy Dolls or The Exploited.

I was joking with Jim about whether or not I would have 'noticed' him during these so called skater-punk-days (which I know there is still a skater-punk inside of him bursting to get out and do an ollie on his board), I must admit I like boys that were slightly different...think Gap, khaki's, hair that didn't resemble a washed-up 80's icon, and polo's...wow, I am SO glad my taste changed...as Jim is sitting in khaki shorts, a polo and hair that resembles...well, still working on that but like most things in this life, I usually DO get my way.

2 comments:

AVOID JIM LAAB MUSIC - SCAM ARTISTS said...

Hey, speaking of "Just for the Record" I added some other good stuff too: Radiohead, Smiths, Go-Gos, Tears for Fears, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (can you name that movie?) I'll give you a hint: The Toy Dolls have a song called "Yul Brynner was a skinhead" - the Toy Dolls ROCK! They are so hilarious!

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/daftar-pinjaman-online-cicilan-bulanan-terbaik